My world is a much better place because of the wealth of friends I have. Every day I count my blessings for the kindred spirits, old and new, that have entered my life. I would certainly not be the person I am today without these miracles. I was blessed to spend time with several friends over the past week and thought I would share the things I enjoy about each of them.
Julie - I still remember being 15 and meeting who was sure to be my best friend for life. After 20 years I am confident that this is the case. Although raising a family provides little time for sleepovers these days, Julie and I are still the best of friends. She is caring, understanding, supportive, and always welcomes me with open arms when I need her.
Pam - 2 1/2 years ago I met a wonderful HR manager who supported me in my job, and for some reason we just clicked. I think we both knew then that a lifelong friendship would develop....and we were right! Although our visits are few and far between, I enjoy catching up with her over a bite to eat, or a jaunt through our favorite amusement park. She is full of excellent advise and has a way of soothing my concerns when I need her to. Pam is an excellent wife, caring mother, and the best friend anyone could ever ask for.
Megan - What better person to have as a co-worker but one who is so much like you the two of you could be twins. Megan and I share the same challenges and frustrations in life and we both can find a way to make each other laugh. She is supportive, funny, and always lends me an ear if I need to vent or seek advice. I've been blessed with many co-workers over the years and Megan is certainly one I intend to keep on my friend list for the rest of my life.
Kara - ahhh, my kindred spirit. Girl, you are crazy and funny and can always put a smile on my face! In many ways I think Kara and I were meant to be sisters, no, really! It's almost like we read each others thoughts and know exactly what to say. It's funny how either of us made it 30 years without knowing each other. I love you girl!
Michelle - My Mishi. Soul mates that's what we are, more than friends, better than sisters. Michelle and I have a special bond and in many ways I feel more like family to her. She has always sought me out for advice, and has always listened intently to my rambling on. We always pick up where we left off, and she always welcomes me with open arms no matter what the situation.
Stephanie - Although most people shy away from building relationships with employees, Stephanie is definitely an exception. Anytime I need a little cheering up or encouragement, she is right there for me. It's almost like she reads my mind and knows when I'm having a bad day. Thanks Stephanie for accepting me and for respecting me as a boss, mentor, and especially a friend.
I could go on and on about the myriad of other friends out there, but these five individuals touched me in different ways this week and for that I am truly grateful. Thanks ladies for allowing me to be a part of your lives.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment