The day started with a early morning Dr visit for Matthew and Dominic. I knew it would be a long visit since it involved a 4 yr well check for Dominic and immunizations for both. I had no clue it would take nearly 2 hours! Dominic weighed in at a whopping 41 pounds and 42 inches tall - definitely true to form since he is tall and scrawny (but is packed with a punch either way, that's for sure). Little man came in at 28.5 pounds and 34 inches. Maybe it's a mom thing, but I always look forward to the "official weigh in" at the doctor's office. Maybe that's because I have always meticulously recorded this info in all three baby books. Matthew had a quick check of his vitals, to which he responded "ouch." This little man thinks everything hurts. Dominic's exam was much more advanced. He had his sight and hearing checked and was ushered into the bathroom to pee in a cup....his favorite part. I don't know what it is about little boys but they love this part! They both tolerated the finger stick and we later learned that neither were anemic. Now it was on to the immunizations. Oh my goodness....I used to say that Dommy was my brave man but after seeing Matthew's reaction to the three shots, he freaked out. Thank goodness he is small because I had to hold him tight. He was so upset at me that right after the shots he kicked me. I felt awful! The good thing for mom is that the Pediatrician's office had both the flu and H1N1 vaccinations in stock so I was able to have both little guys loaded up with protection for the rest of cold and flu season.
I quickily ushered the boys to daycare so that I could make it to Joshua's classroom to volunteer. I was about 15 minutes late, but Mrs Shutt had plenty of work assigned out to me to which I completed in record time. Jim and I met at noon for our weekly sushi date and were joined by a few friends. Pete, the owner of the restaurant, had our table all set up for us and quickly ordered up by "usual," a shrimp tempura roll inside cucumber instead of rice. Soooo yummy! (and fewer calories) From there I visited Jiffy Lube for a long overdue oil change on the Tahoe and then it was on to WalMart and Albertsons to complete my shopping for the week. By the time I arrived home it was nearly 3pm so I unloaded the car and headed to the daycare to pick up the little guys for a haircut. Tim had a wait so after sitting for over an hour it was finally our turn. Matthew was first and he was not very happy about having his hair cut so he had to sit on my lap. By the time we were finished I was covered in hair and all itchy....oh how I hate hair cut day for that reason. Dominic chose a very short haircut and it suits him very well. Whew....haircut day over thank goodness.
We arrived home just after 5pm and I quickly scarfed down a bowl of cereal and changed into my gym attire. I had to make a stop at the nail salon first for a new set and was joined by my friend and babysitter Cynthia half way through, which was nice as it made the time fly by. We headed to the gym immediately afterward. I finally got home at 9:15pm, hopped in the shower, and climbed into bed. Where the heck did my day off go? I think I worked more than I do on a normal day. TGIF! Although today is packed with an agenda as well. Bring on Sunday when I think I can relax.
Cassie and Dominic - these two are so cute!
Dominic has his hearing checked - he passed with flying colors

2 comments:
Ah, the joys of motherhood! Someday you'll look back and wonder where the time went!
You crack me up Pam!
Post a Comment