Monday, February 15, 2010

A Classic Fit for a Toddler

I still remember being a young child and watching this movie for the very first time. I sat and watched in awe at the special effects (that today I chuckle at since the movie industry has come such a long way) and the bond that was built between three children and an alien. My sister and I were wrapped around this movie and all the specialty items that were introduced as a result of it. It's funny today to watch the movie and see the old Star Wars figures that are now "back" and Sesame Street playing on the Television. It's also funny to see the shag carpet and wicker type furniture that was all the rage in the 80's.

So by now you are wondering why I am rambling on and on about this classic adventure. About two months ago I found that E.T. was playing on HBO so I decided to record it. Little did I know that Matthew would "fall in love" with the alien that starred in the movie. We watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and now it's all that he talks about. He walks around the house saying "E.T." and won't stop until I turn the movie on. He is absolutely mesmerized. It certainly puts a smile on my face and a dance in my step to know that my little guys enjoy the classics just as much as I do.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Definitely a classic for the ages...