Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bouncing Around

Last year we decided that we would rotate years for birthday parties for Joshua and Dominic since their big days are only two weeks apart. Mommy was getting to a point where she was stressing out way too much over planning two parties in such a short time frame.

Soooo, this was Dominic's year. His only request was a bounce house for all his friends. I dreaded this request as the thought of a bunch of 4 and 5 year old's bounding around my yard AND an inflatable filling up the space just didn't suit my fancy. How was I going to get out of this one? Leave it to the party planner, and a few last minute arrangements, to get myself out of the entire "birthday party at the house" deal. A few weeks ago I made arrangements with Dominic's daycare to bring in cupcakes for his big day. Last week, the wheels started turning and on Friday I received approval to throw a pseudo party during the afternoon snack hour. Great news for me. I visited Party City during my visit to Bakersfield on Saturday and loaded up on Iron Man plates and napkins, a #5 candle, and enough candy and goodies to fill 30 treat bags. On Sunday I visited Albertsons and ordered an Iron Man cake.....I was actually going to pull this off and avoid a big shin-dig at my house. Or so I thought.

I was excited to share the news with Dominic....he would have a birthday party at his daycare ON his birthday with ALL his friends!!! I was expecting excitement....not so much. He was excited of course, but excited at the fact that he would get two parties since he wanted a bounce house. GREAT...how was I getting out of this one? I placed a call to the daycare early Tuesday morning, yes one day before his birthday, and received approval for a bounce house. Check. I had Jim call around and low and behold the local party store had one available all day on Tuesday...SCORE!! I will admit it wasn't cheap, but it did the trick. Dominic enjoyed a fun filled day with an Iron Man birthday party along with a really cool bounce house with a slide.


Whew - leave it to mom to solve all the problems at the last minute. And to boot I enjoyed a few jumps in the house too.














No comments: