Sunday, May 24, 2009

Since the weather was a bit on the cool side today, a trip to the Water park was out. So we loaded up the boys and headed downtown to see a matinee. The movie of choice was the brand new Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. I will say this; it was worth the $21 we paid to get in, but I think the boys prefer the first movie in the series. Jim and I enjoyed the non-stop action, and the more adult themed rendition that this movie created. We were joined by the Mazur family, so it was quite an adventure. Just imagine four kids with "ants in their pants" and a need to use the restroom several times in the middle of the movie. Thank goodness I was in charge of Matty and he chose to sleep on me during the entire show. I can't wait for this one to come out on video.

After the movie, we were invited over to the Mazur house for dinner. Between four tired adults, and four battle prone kids, we spent most of the night arguing and assigning time outs. We did, however, carve out 30 minutes for Guitar Hero...our favorite. We arrived home at 6:15 and got everyone ready for bed, after which I crashed almost immediately. I'm looking forward to a less hectic day tomorrow filled with grocery store shopping and house cleaning. Fun, fun.


1 comment:

Vickie said...

I'm anxious to see it - I absolutely love the original!