I arrived home last night after four days of being away and I found far more work to be done than I had anticipated. I wonder if there will be a time that I will leave my house one day with everything neat and tidy, laundry completed and put away, kitchen spotless, beds made, etc and arrive home a few days later to the same sight? I highly doubt this is possible, but a girl can dream, right? Thank goodness I left work a half hour early so that I could tackle the damage prior to picking up my three little guys who certainly needed my attention....and boy were they excited to see me. I brought them each a new Halloween pin for their lanyards from Disneyland so they were excited to pick out their favorite ones. Joshua chose the Jack Skellington (I'm sure I spelled this wrong) one, Dominic chose the Donald Duck "Halloween 2009" one with the hinged door that says Trick or Trick when you open it, and Matthew was left with the cute little Chip 'n Dale one. How funny is it that I anticipated who would get which pin and I was right?
I would normally be off today, but so much for that. After I drop the boys off at school, I will volunteer in Mrs. Spencer and Mrs. Shutt's classes until around 11am and then I will head back to Bakersfield, my home away from home, for a 1pm training class and a 3pm conference call. Maybe I will get home before the kids go to bed, but I suppose nothing is guaranteed these days with a stressful and busy job and way too much going on in all of our lives. Joshua was awarded the "Star Student" this week so tomorrow morning I will have the honor of reading Joshua's favorite book to his classmates. He has yet to decide which one that is, but I suspect that Green Eggs and Ham might be a contender. Tomorrow is also my dear friend Kara's birthday! Thank goodness for her she is MUCH younger than me so we can still celebrate. (Because when you reach my age birthdays just mean drinking an entire bottle of wine to drown your sorrows - he he he)
My neck and back are still sore this morning from carrying a certain 3 year old (I love you, JR) around through New Orleans square in route to Fantasyland on Monday. I must admit that Brandie and I had a blast catching up and entertaining JR. We've decided that a girls week or weekend is the next plan of attack. No kids, no husbands, just she and I relaxing on a beach somewhere with a margarita. It's time to start my day and get everyone ready to go. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend off filled with Halloween decorations and a visit to the Pumpkin patch!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hang in there!
very busy pammy!!!
Post a Comment