Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Favorite Comes to Our Home

As frequent visitors of the Happiest Place on Earth, we have pinned several rides as "favorites." At the original theme park we have deemed Pirates of the Caribbean as a family tradition thanks to Grandma Billie. In California Adventure, Midway Mania rose to the top of our list after we rode it for the first time last summer. The ride always has a wait and is too new for a fast pass, but no matter how long the wait, it is well worth it. Just imagine playing the worlds largest video game. So imagine our excitement when this "favorite" turned into.....



....this game for our Wii game console.


As I flipped through a magazine last month I stumbled across the ad announcing the new Toy Story Mania game....I became ecstatic and knew we had to add it to our library. I quickly added it to our holiday wish list and passed on the thought of buying it ahead of time since we were so close to the blessed holiday.

Last week I received a call from my sister with a request that I purchase the game so that my niece could play it while they are here for Thanksgiving. What to do? Christmas or Thanksgiving gift...I couldn't decide. During our travels to Costco last Sunday, we decided to rifle through the myriad of Wii games on display even though I assumed this brand new game would not be mixed in. To my amazement, Jim found one last copy and at the bargain price of $44.99 ($5 off retail price), we quickly threw it in the basket as an early gift to the boys.

So we have now brought our favorite ride into our home, and I must say it's a pretty cool game. It boasts far more fun than the ride itself, but does include the familiar scenes in the original. So Ella, this one is for you. I can't wait to play it with you in a few weeks!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

...and Grandma/Nana looks forward to playing, too! Thanks for buying it!

Pattie said...

And she can't wait to play it, either!

uncle joseph said...

i want to play too! i loved that ride!! and pirates was moms favorite ride!!