I am now, more than ever, convinced that I am absolutely crazy to have braved Disneyland alone. Despite the fact that our friends Jason and Michelle joined us (and they truly have been a blessing helping keep an eye on the boys), my boys are truly a handful....especially Dominic. After another wild and crazy day, I am pooped and ready to go home.
I had a difficult time sleeping last night as the elevators at the Paradise Pier were apparently experiencing technical difficulties which caused a very irritating noise every time they went up and down. I dealt with if for an hour or so and finally phoned the front desk to request a room change today. The guest services representative was less than friendly AND less than helpful, not characteristic of the "Disney experience" I expect when staying at this property. I opted to fall asleep gracefully once the elevators halted at around 12:45pm after all other guests arrived back from the park. I awoke this morning and called the front desk to speak to a supervisor. Donnie was fantastic, and was gracious enough to honor not only a room change, but an upgrade to a park view room, $100 off my room rate for last night, AND free character breakfast tomorrow morning for me and the boys...WOW! Now that's what I call service!
We met Jason and Michelle at Disneyland when they opened at 10am. After waiting in line to see Pluto and Goofy, we hit main street with hopes of a photo opp in front of the castle. Not only did we get a fantastic picture, but we were just in time to see "Mickey and his Band," something we have never had the opportunity of partaking in. The boys absolutely loved all the characters, and I enjoyed the music from the band. What a great way to start our visit. We hopped on Buzz Lightyear and then grabbed some lunch, where I was more than willing to offer Dominic to Darth Vadar (who was putting on a show at the pavilion we ate at). Dominic was being characteristically ornery which I suspect was a product of needing a nap.
After lunch, Jason and I took Joshua and Coleman on the Matterhorn and then I sat out as everyone else spun around on the teacups. We passed on Fantasyland due to long lines, and headed straight to Pirates on the Caribbean...every body's favorite ride. We also took a ride on the Haunted Mansion (only about a 10 min wait) and Winnie the Pooh. California Adventure was next, and we stumbled on several new attractions. If you haven't checked out the Sorcerer's Workshop, it is a MUST. I was absolutely amazed at all the activities it had, and all of us enjoyed recording our own voice over to Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho. This one is moving to the top of my list for sure.
It is 8pm, and I am thrilled beyond words that all three boys are bathed, teeth brushed, jammies on, and headed off to dream land (Matty of course crashed over an hour ago). I am hopeful that this will be a quiet and uneventful night so that I can wake up refreshed tomorrow for another exciting and fast paced day. Wish me luck!
I had a difficult time sleeping last night as the elevators at the Paradise Pier were apparently experiencing technical difficulties which caused a very irritating noise every time they went up and down. I dealt with if for an hour or so and finally phoned the front desk to request a room change today. The guest services representative was less than friendly AND less than helpful, not characteristic of the "Disney experience" I expect when staying at this property. I opted to fall asleep gracefully once the elevators halted at around 12:45pm after all other guests arrived back from the park. I awoke this morning and called the front desk to speak to a supervisor. Donnie was fantastic, and was gracious enough to honor not only a room change, but an upgrade to a park view room, $100 off my room rate for last night, AND free character breakfast tomorrow morning for me and the boys...WOW! Now that's what I call service!
We met Jason and Michelle at Disneyland when they opened at 10am. After waiting in line to see Pluto and Goofy, we hit main street with hopes of a photo opp in front of the castle. Not only did we get a fantastic picture, but we were just in time to see "Mickey and his Band," something we have never had the opportunity of partaking in. The boys absolutely loved all the characters, and I enjoyed the music from the band. What a great way to start our visit. We hopped on Buzz Lightyear and then grabbed some lunch, where I was more than willing to offer Dominic to Darth Vadar (who was putting on a show at the pavilion we ate at). Dominic was being characteristically ornery which I suspect was a product of needing a nap.
After lunch, Jason and I took Joshua and Coleman on the Matterhorn and then I sat out as everyone else spun around on the teacups. We passed on Fantasyland due to long lines, and headed straight to Pirates on the Caribbean...every body's favorite ride. We also took a ride on the Haunted Mansion (only about a 10 min wait) and Winnie the Pooh. California Adventure was next, and we stumbled on several new attractions. If you haven't checked out the Sorcerer's Workshop, it is a MUST. I was absolutely amazed at all the activities it had, and all of us enjoyed recording our own voice over to Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho. This one is moving to the top of my list for sure.
It is 8pm, and I am thrilled beyond words that all three boys are bathed, teeth brushed, jammies on, and headed off to dream land (Matty of course crashed over an hour ago). I am hopeful that this will be a quiet and uneventful night so that I can wake up refreshed tomorrow for another exciting and fast paced day. Wish me luck!

2 comments:
Sounds like you're having a good time, despite some snafus. Pattie, Ella, Owen and I also discovered the (Sorcerer's)Animation Workshop when we visited last month. It is really COOL!
Enjoyed the video clip of Mickey's band - can't remember that I've seen them before, either.
Enjoy your last day there and have a safe trip home!
So cute!! I remember watching the kids have so much fun & being so full of wonder when they were at Disneyland. Precious memories!! I love the "Who's the biggest handful of them all" comment - priceless!
Post a Comment