
This hat is one of the only "physical" things I have to remember my grandfather. Yesterday, Joshua pulled it out of his closet and insisted on wearing it to the fire station. He is so proud to have this hat and tells everyone it is papa's hat. The odd thing is that the hat fits him perfectly! I put the hat on last night and remarked that it fit me perfect as well. I'm convinced that this is a sign that grandpa comes with us anytime we wear the hat since it fits us all so well. I can still see grandpa working in his yard with this old sweat stained hat in my memories.....aren't we lucky that we still have bits and pieces of him to hold onto?

4 comments:
Very touching...
I have a couple of his pipes and a little bag of his tobacco. Any time I need him I pull it out and take a whiff.
I also found a perfume sample in a magazine the other day of "Georgia". It's sitting on my desk and I smell it several times a day, close my eyes, and grandma is with me, too. You now, they sell that stuff in Walgreens now - I remember when it was a "fine" fragrance. Wonder what grandma would think about her richy perfume at a drug store?
I meant "Georgio", not Georgia
that is so neat that you guys have his things to remember him with!!!
Post a Comment