For Joshua's 2nd Christmas, we bought him a new firetruck bed, which he subsequently passed onto Dominic. Today was the day that the truck was to be retired into the garage for our upcoming garage sale. As sad as I am to see it go, I'm excited for Dominic to see his new bed when he arrives home today! Joshua and I spent the day running errands and ended up at the mattress store. The salesman was nice enough to give us a discount on two new mattresses as Joshua was in need of a better twin mattress than the one he had. We spent about an hour tinkering around and putting it together. Unfortunately, when we "dropped" it down out of the attic, one of the wheels broke on the headboard. We decided to remove all four wheels which simply lowered the bed closer to the ground. One day we will replace the wheels, but for now, Dominic will be fine in his low rider bed.
After putting the bed together and cleaning up his room, Joshua and I hauled several boxes of baby and Mommy clothes out of the attic in preparation for the yard sale. All in all we had a very productive day and are now recouperating.
Joshua and I enjoyed lunch at the Cowgirl Cafe - his FAVORITE!
Joshua playing with his Transformers that our friend Jake gave him
Dominic's new big boy bed!
2 comments:
the boys are growing up so fast!!!
Yes, Dominic told me about his "Big boy bed!" on the phone last night and sounded so excited for me to see it this weekend! The boys are growing up too fast, as children seem to do. Treasure all those precious moments you have with them (the good and the bad!)
Post a Comment