Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week in Review

As expected, Blogger has jumbled up all the photos I uploaded. Sorry for skipping around.

Matthew tries his first piece of Chocolate (no he didn't really eat it)



Dominic decorated a ghost....unfortunately Daddy turned it upside down!



Michael, Dominic, Noelle, and Joshua





Joshua bowls at the Zoo Boo! Guess he thought it was baseball bowling.



Dominic making witches brew



Dom makes a wish with the fairy Godmother





Like father, like son



Joshua decorated a bat cookie



Whew...what a long week! I took the last week of October off to catch up on life and spend some time with the boys. I had a fantastic time and accomplished quite a bit. Below is the summary of our week.

Sunday - Jim and I spent time cleaning up around the house. We rearranged the family room, which provided much more space for the boys to play, and made some changes to the kitchen as well. Generally, I grocery shop alone, but opted to invite the entire family along so everyone could pick out their favorite muchies. The boys enjoyed running around Food 4 Less and we bought way more than we had on our list. All in all, we had a quiet day and enjoyed spending time together as a family.

Monday - with Jim back to work, I was looking forward a quiet day, or so I thought. I ended up working for most of the day and got absolutely nothing done on my list. I walked to the daycare to pick up Dominic and Matthew late in the afternoon and realized that Matthew is getting a bit to heavy to carry in the Baby Bjorne. We made it home, but my back was pretty dang shot. The boys and I brought dinner out to the fire station in the evening.

Tuesday - After running errands in the morning, I spent the afternoon baking Halloween cookies for us to decorate. I picked the boys up early and we ventured to the fire station and made a big mess for Jim to clean up. We enjoyed decorating cookies, and ate far too many to count.

Wednesday - Pumpkin carving day! I spent the morning Christmas shopping and the afternoon napping. I fell compelled to share my shopping trip to Kohls. I bought 3 pairs of Capri pants, 1 pair of work pants, 4 shirts, a jacket, 2 candles, 2 books, 2 wall plaques, and 4 toys for Matthew all for the bargain price of $125! What a bargain shopper I am! This was the only day I actually spent several hours relaxing on the bed. My new laptop computer arrived mid afternoon so I spent some time setting it up. It's sooo nice to be able to surf the internet from anywhere in the house. I picked the boys up early again and we ventured to the fire station for pumpkin carving and, again, left a mess for Jim to clean up.

Thursday - After working in Joshua's classroom for 30 mins in the morning, Jim and I headed to San Luis Obispo for a trip to Costco. We bought some really cool things for Christmas (a music system for our outdoor decorations and light-up stocking holders for the boys)! We also found some good deals at Old Navy! Jim and I visited our local Sushi restaurant for our weekly lunch date and both volunteered in Joshua's classroom for an hour in the afternoon. Jim worked on a pumpkin quilt with one group of children, and I tried my hand at leaf art with another. We picked the boys up early and headed to the Charles Paddock Zoo in Atascadero for the Zoo Boo. Unfortunately, the weather was bad so I wouldn't let the boys wear their costumes for fear they would get cold or dirty. They appeared to be the only kids without them. Either way, they both enjoyed playing games and eating hot dogs.

Friday - HALLOWEEN DAY!! STARs, Matthew and Dominic's daycare, has an annual Halloween Carnival. Children at the daycare are asked not to wear costumes, but I felt compelled to dress Matty Moose up in his costume for everyone to see. The moment we walked in the door, we were being hunted by all the cameras. They all thought he was adorable!! Jim and I spent some time with Dominic at the carnival. Jim and I met a friend at "Good Ol' Burgers" for lunch (YUM!) and spent the afternoon cleaning up around the house. We picked the boys up and headed to The Mazur's house with a pizza for dinner and trick or treating. We enjoyed ourselves and the boys ate way too much candy.

Saturday - I made a 6am run to Kohls for Christmas shopping and found some pretty good deals. I drove into the parking lot expecting a gang of people and found that I was the only one that woke up before the sun. It's always nice to shop in peace, and I made record time. I picked up donuts and headed back home for a carbohydrate fill. Jim had a softball tournament so me and the boys played with their GeoTrax train for most of the day. By the time I had had enough of the boys tattling on each other, Jim arrived home to save me. I finished the evening at Target rummaging through the after Halloween sale. In addition to a Superman, Cowboy, and Jack Sparrow costumes, I grabbed a few large pre-carved pumpkins and the rest of the boys Christmas gifts.


3 comments:

Vickie said...

Sounds like a very productive (and busy!) week!

Vickie said...

Great photos!

Pattie said...

You should have picked up costumes for me. Ours were all picked over. Glad you got to have a week off....you deserve a break more often.