After several weeks of life without my laptop, I'm back in business! I installed my new hard drive last night, hit the power button, and was thrilled to see the Windows icon appear on the screen. Once I set up the basics, I logged into Dell Safe back-up online and kept my fingers crossed that after 8 hours of uploading, I'd get it all back.....and I did!! I woke up this morning to find all of my files and programs installed on my computer. Words cannot express how happy I am! It's ALL there!!
So, now for my week in review. Last Sunday we celebrated my birthday with the Mazur family. We had enchiladas and a birthday cheesecake for dessert. They brought me a Kohl's gift card (my favorite!) and a microphone for my Wii so I can rock out to Guitar Hero.....so fun! We enjoyed beer, wine, and MarioKart for what seemed like forever. As always, we enjoyed the company and the boys had fun with their friends.
On Monday I was back to work to deliver performance reviews to my team. I generally look forward to this task as it is a time for me to express my gratitude for a great year. Unfortunately I was down to the wire so I had to cover half of them over the phone....no good! At least my team was very appreciative of my feedback and kind words. After a long day, I received a phone call from the Daycare that little Matty was ill and needed to come home. Upon arriving to the daycare, I found that both Matty and Dominic were suffering from a gastro-intestinal bug and that I would need to keep both home with me on Tuesday. The good news is that I was off.
On Tuesday, we took Dominic to get a hair cut. Since Joshua had removed a large portion of hair from the back of Dominic's head, I knew that Tim would have to remove quite a bit to make it even. Thank goodness Dominic is a good sport, and is rather handsome to boot. He has little hair left, but he wears it well. Dominic had a dentist appointment in Atascadero so we headed that way after leaving the Barber. Since we were in Atascadero, I decided to stop by the Bakery and order Matthew's birthday cake....one more item off the checklist for the big day. Dominic was a champ at the Dentist. He got his teeth cleaned, a fluoride treatment, and a big high 5 from Dr. Cottrell. At least I have one little guy who is agreeable to most anything.


Because the boys were ill and I had to venture to Los Angeles, Jim had to return home from work on Wednesday morning. Our friend Jake was gracious enough to sit with the boys from 6-8am until Jim came home as I had to get on the road. Needless to say he has decided he does not want kids for a long while. He couldn't believe how much work goes into the morning every single day. Jim told me later that Matthew pooped and when Jake changed his diaper, he put it on backwards....yes, the tabs were in the back.
I had a meeting at the Westin Bonaventure hotel on Wednesday and Thursday. What a neat place! The only downfall was that it had lot's of stairs, multiple elevators (I could only take the red circle elevator to get to my room), and a bit of nonsense to the design. I really wish I had taken a few pictures but, oh well. We are rolling out quite a few new things at work in the next 6 months; all of which will make the lives of me and my managers better! I returned to Bakersfield Thursday night and spent the night with my mom. Unfortunately I didn't arrive until 8:30 due to traffic, so I didn't get to visit very long. We will do more catching up next weekend.
I arrived home last night and was happy to see Jim and the boys. I arranged for our babysitter, Kimrah, to sit with the boys so that Jim and I could visit our local Sushi restaurant for dinner. I ended the night at the Mazur's house picking up our Wii (which Dominic dropped on the floor last week so it wasn't working). It got a good bill of health so Joshua will now get to play MarioKart all day today while I am at work.
I hope you all had a great week!

1 comment:
Busy, busy week, as always! Don't know how you manage it sometimes! Great photos of the boys and, yes, Dominic is a trooper!
Post a Comment