It's been a whirlwind week thus far as I count down the days until the emotional end on Friday when I tell my littlest (and last) child Happy 1st Birthday. I am struggling to get through each day, and am puzzled as to why I'm so teary eyed about the birthday thing. Maybe it's the fact that he is no longer a baby, maybe that I know he is my last one, maybe that I know that no matter how much I may or may not want more kids the factory is closed. It's time for me to move on and look forward to the next 18 years of raising my boys and watching them grow into bright young men.
In the meantime, life goes on, and the miles are racking up on the Camry. The boys and I ventured to Bakersfield on Friday night so that I could work on Saturday. Might I add that before we drove to Nana's house, I took a trip to Goleta and back which equated to 250 miles. On Saturday the boys enjoyed some time at the park and, as I understand, Matthew cracked up watching Dominic being pushed on the swings. His day will come soon enough. Sunday was a much needed day off. Joshua attended his best friend Cole's birthday party at the bowling alley while Jim and I took Dom and Matty to Wendy's and the grocery store. This was Matthew's first Wendy's visit where he actually ate chicken nuggets, fries, and oranges. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Monday came early with a 5:20am departure to Camarillo for a training class. Add another 365 miles to the Camry for that trip....and then another 220 miles for a return trip to Bakersfield yesterday. I am looking forward to the rest of this week when my travel lightens up. I love driving, but enough is enough. Today I'm off to San Luis Obispo and then to a Health Fair here in town. I'm also looking forward to a trip to Costco this evening to pick up goodies for the grand event this weekend.
Please say a little prayer for me that I make it through this week in one piece.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I often wonder how you do manage to keep up your whirlwind pace! After only one day trying to keep up withe the boys I am exhausted! Of course, I suppose the age difference might be a big factor! But I am very proud of how you manage to "multi-task" and always do your very best. I love you and you are always in my prayers!
Perhaps you have some suggestions for me with Ry turning 12.....why do they grow up?
You are thinking too much about the "goodbye" part and not enough about all the wonderful things to come. I remember being sad when Owen's first birthday was looming, but I started thinking of all the things it would bring....more independence for him, more talking (little did I know), more smiles and adventures. You will get through the rest of the week and have a grand party this weekend. Your only sadness should be that your sister won't be there to celebrate with you all.
Post a Comment