It was the "SH%&" just as my car door latched shut yesterday that started my day off, but it was what would ensue that set the tone of my day. Yes, I locked my keys in my car as I was dropping Joshua off at school yesterday. Knowing I had to be in SLO by 8:30 to open the store, I had very little time to spare (thank goodness I got out early yesterday). I marched into Joshua's classroom and declared to Mrs. Spencer, his teacher, that I had just locked my keys (and everything else for that matter) in my car. She quickly offered up her cell phone for me to call someone. Of course, with no cell phone of my own and Jim at a different station I had no clue who to call. I muttled that my friend from down the street had already left so I couldn't get her to stop by to pick up my extra car key. Hearing that, Mrs. Spencer pulled her car keys out and asked if I'd like to take her car home to get my spare key - WOW! She was in no rush for me to return and was happy to help. I quickly rushed out to her car (a Camry that is identical to ours) and headed home for my keys. Within 20 minutes I was back in my Camry and on the road to SLO.
Thank you, Mrs. Spencer, for making my day better, and for being such a terrific teacher and friend. Our world has definitely been blessed with you in it.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so awesome!
Post a Comment