Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weekend in Review

Michael and Dominic

The kids all waited for the balls to fall on them!


Matty pounded out a beat on the floor





I'm still trying to figure out where the past 5 days went. I can't believe it's already Tuesday, and that in less than 10 days we will be enjoying our Thankgiving feast! This past weekend is already a blur, but since we actually did something constructive I thought I'd post a few pics.

Jim spent the bulk of the day Saturday and Sunday tending to our annual garage sale. Mom came over for the day Saturday to keep an eye on the boys so that Jim could wheel and deal. Mom drug along with her a few items and was thrilled that all of them sold. All totaled, I think she made somewhere around $116. Not bad for 1/2 a days work with 3 rambunctious boys! Mom and I were both shocked when Jim sold her old guitar for $40! Apparently she had it marked $5 but Jim thought he could get more for it....and boy did he! We were able to sell a few larger items from the garage, but had no such luck on the recently displaced fire truck toddler bed. I will attempt to sell it on Craig's List or at the boys' daycare. We made about $315 which wasn't bad either. This is at least enough to cover a few Christmas gifts.

On Sunday, the boys and I visited the Children's Museum with Jill, Noelle, and Michael Mazur. It was nice to let the kids run around without worrying about what trouble they would get into. Matthew watched intently.....I could see the wheels turning in his head. I keep reminding him that soon he will be able to run and play with his big brothers. I've also reminded him that Mommy sure does enjoying having him by her side and wishes he would stay small for a long time more! We invited the Mazur's back to our house for a Ravioli dinner, which I prepared on my own. It was FANTASTIC! I'm sure the 1/2 bottle of wine I drank didn't help either.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, it was a pleasant surprise to me that Jim was able to get $40 for the guitar. I bought it in 1970 for $49 (it's actually a very nice 12-string) and took good care of it. I guess a new one these days would be at least 4 times that amount. And, he got $40 for my old computer, which I figured I would probably end up donating somewhere! All in all, not a bad day! He's quite the salesman! I had a great time with the boys, as usual, and was sorry to have to leave them.

uncle joseph said...

you can buy me lots of presents!!!!!!!