Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Man Down

As I stumbled around this morning at 3am to get a bottle for Matthew, it donned on my that I hadn't seen Leo all night. I frantically searched the house and realized that he was not in it. Once again, it seems he has slipped out an open door and is lost in our neighborhood. Please say a little prayer for him (and me) today that he finds his way back home. He is an inside cat and doesn't know what to do when presented with an obstacle outdoors. He is certainly a big part of our lives and I hate to see him gone.

UPDATE: As expected, Leo was hiding out in his favorite bush next door. There's no telling how long he had been there, but as soon as I pulled him out, scooped him up, and he realized it was me, he curled up and just melted into my arms. Poor little guy - I can only imagine how terrified he was. Hopefully he just remembers that bush and always goes there if he gets out since I know where to find him. I am relieved that he is home and has a few lives left.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Poor Leo - wonder how many of his 9-lives he has left and if he'll be able to make it through this ordeal. Hope he gets home ok.

Vickie said...

I, too, am glad you found him so quickly. Everyone will need to be more alert to watching those doors in the future!

uncle joseph said...

thank thelord he is okay!