God works in amazing ways, yes He does. Two and a half months ago it was fate that brought me to the Haushalter family. After a trying afternoon/evening in the ER with Matthew that was destined to halt our appearance at a graduation party, I felt compelled to find a way to attend. With Jim and my mom caring for little man, I loaded up the Tahoe with Joshua and Dominic in hopes that they would have a fun evening with the multitude of kids that would be joining us there. Little did I know that God had something else in store for me/us. I was blessed to meet Kara and Paul (and I put Kara first just because her and I have an amazing connection)that night and since then, we have created a bond that will most certainly surpass this lifetime.
Every now and then we come across people whom we just "click" with. There is no rhyme or reason to this fact, but it happens to all of us. God knew that Kara and I needed each other.....kindred spirits in a way. We have so much in common; so much that it's almost scary. I am honored (and blessed) that tese two wonderful people and their children have befriended our family, and that both have joined our circle of friends.
Paul and Kara, thank you for your company yesterday afternoon. We very much enjoyed our "lunch date" and the boys ALL enjoyed playing together. Here's to a lifetime of friendship.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You make me cry (in a good way)! God does work is amazing ways and after a long time of thinking that I would never see the blessing of a new, refreshing friendship...He brought you!
We had a great time too and I can't explain the ease of this wonderful connection we have. This doesn't happen all the time and I think it only happens a few times in our lives. I often feel "Jr. high-ish" to say that someone is my best friend. But I am a firm believer in those few, but close "soul" friends who are connected because God felt the need to bless us!
Love you!
You say such sweet things, thanks Pam you are a great family friend. It was fun having lunch at your house and meeting your husband Jim finnaly I know he is real now.
Post a Comment