Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Last Day of Summer

It's hard to believe that Monday marks the first day of school. After arriving home from Disneyland yesterday, I took Joshua to meet his second grade teacher. He will be in room 25 with Mrs. Shutt this school year. We were lucky enough to find Mrs. Shutt still in her classroom so we were able to take a look around and see where Joshua would be learning in 2nd grade. Unfortunately, due to budget cuts in California, the class size has increased significantly and Joshua has around 30 kids in his classroom....VERY scary!! Joshua was rather upset that he would not have Mrs. Spencer again this year but I told him we would go to school early on Monday so we could stop in and tell her hello. I also had to explain to Joshua that he would get new teachers every year, and that he would like all of them. We do, however, have our favorites and I suspect Mrs. Spencer will be one of his. I must agree that we will both miss her terribly this school year.

We also stopped by the YMCA to pick up a bus pass; something new this year. In order for Joshua to get on bus "C", he needs a tag attached to his backpack reflecting that he will be going to YMCA.

Here's to an enjoyable last day of summer with the Haushalter family tomorrow.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I'll look forward to hearing from Joshua Monday evening so he can tell me all about his forst day of 2nd grade!

Kara Haushalter said...

Thanks for spending your last day of summer with us! Yummy lunch and a perfect end to summer! Have a great week, talk soon!

uncle joseph said...

i hope joshua had a good day