On Monday we started off at Disneyland just after they opened at 8am and ventured to Adventureland and New Orleans Square for a few hours. We were thrilled to wait no more than 10 minutes in any line before the crowds crept in. We hit Jungle Cruise (Matthew thought the elephants were real and made his elephant noise when he saw them), Pirates of the Carribean (love you, grandma), the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain (a first for both Joshua and Dominic - they sat together in the back and held hands.....SO cute!), Winnie the Pooh, and then we all paddled on the canoes....how fun!! After grabbing lunch we realized that the park had become WAY too busy so we headed back to the hotel and hit the pool. All three boys enjoyed jumping in and me, Josh, and Dominic loved the waterslide. Joshua and I returned to the park after dinner for our special night together. We rode the Zephyrs (puke!), the Ferris Wheel (I enjoyed the stationary gondola much better than the sliding gondola the night before with Dom), the Mulholland Madness roller coaster, and after a brief viewing of the Electrical Parade we waiting over an hour for Soarin' Over California. Joshua insisted on visiting Disneyland but found after a trip around the park on the train we were both pooped!
Today was an early morning as we awoke for Magical Morning. As guests at the Paradise Pier we are able to enter Disneyland at 7am on Tuesday and Thursday for a low key visit. We were able to squeeze in the rockets, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours (double puke!), and Finding Nemo all within the hour. We also enjoyed a jaunt on It's a Small World before heading to Toon Town to see all the characters and eat lunch. Jim had had enough so he headed back to the hotel with Joshua and Matthew after riding Peter Pan, and Dominic and I rode a few more rides. We are getting ready to head out to our friends, the Bridges, house for some fun at the pool and a birthday celebration for Dominic's "girlfriend" Lindsay. He has insisted that he is going to kiss her on the lips....we will see.
Hopefully we will make it back to Disneyland tonight for Fantasmic. Here are a few pics of our first three days in the park. I've found myself neglecting the camera so excuse the limited number of pics. Captions to follow once I have time to update.....
The boys love looking out the window of our hotel room as it overlooks the park
I know deep down inside, Joshua really does LOVE his little brother - they are waiting to ride the Canoes (right after they dumped out nearly all of our snacks to feed the ducks)
Forgive the undie shot, but Dominic decided to tattoo himself with a pen. Thank goodness it wasn't a permanent one!
Me and the boys enjoyed an early morning flight on the rockets
Isn't Matty such a ham in this one?
Joshua and Matthew enjoyed looking around Minnie's kitchen in Toon Town
CHEESE! We practically had to peel Matthew off the slide in Goofy's house
Did you know Goofy grows Jack-o-Lanterns in his garden? This one has a rather large growth on it!
Dominic on Car-toon Spin
Mr. Photogenic
I can't get enough of this parade. After all these years, and a few minor changes, it still makes my heart beat fast when I hear the music! I think I owe that to my grandma.



3 comments:
Looks like you guys are having so much fun!!!! Your boys are adorable and I must argue that mine might be the loudest on the planet!
Have fun!!!! See you Sunday!
Yeah, captions on the pictures would be good...especially nudy boy in undies. Glad you are having fun...and glad that it's you there and not me (I'm pooped just thinking about our 2 visits there this year).
Gosh, it looks and sounds like you really are having a great time,despite the crowds! Glad you clarified the "underwear" photo - I initially thought perhaps one of the Disney characters autographed Dom's tummy! And, I agree with you, the stationary gondola on the Ferris Wheel is my preference as well, unless I bring a barf bag along! This will be a memorable trip for all of you!
Post a Comment