Clint Eastwood, a regular day cowboy in most movies, is not an actor that I rush to the box office to see. I must admit that when I read the short description of this movie at the RedBox booth before adding it to my cart, I thought "hey, Jim might like this." I arrive home Sunday with my one night rental and found that Jim had already seen this rough and tough movie, so I threw it in my purse on Monday morning. I was taking on the phone with my friend Julie from work as I walked into Albertsons to visit the RedBox kiosk when she quickly declared, "you want to keep that one until you watch it!" Okay, okay, so I returned to my car. Monday night came and went with no time for a movie. I arrived home last night and declared to the boys that mommy had a movie to watch so we needed to get through dinner, homework, baths, and reading quickly, to which they obliged. I found myself nodding off about half way through the movie, as usual, but awoke at 1:15am (as usual too) and pressed play to continue. WOW!! If you have not seen this movie, it is well worth the rental (or even purchase price)! I found myself laughing and crying, and in a way saw my grandfather in Eastwood's character every now and then. This one gets 5 STARS from me!Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Clint Eastwood, a regular day cowboy in most movies, is not an actor that I rush to the box office to see. I must admit that when I read the short description of this movie at the RedBox booth before adding it to my cart, I thought "hey, Jim might like this." I arrive home Sunday with my one night rental and found that Jim had already seen this rough and tough movie, so I threw it in my purse on Monday morning. I was taking on the phone with my friend Julie from work as I walked into Albertsons to visit the RedBox kiosk when she quickly declared, "you want to keep that one until you watch it!" Okay, okay, so I returned to my car. Monday night came and went with no time for a movie. I arrived home last night and declared to the boys that mommy had a movie to watch so we needed to get through dinner, homework, baths, and reading quickly, to which they obliged. I found myself nodding off about half way through the movie, as usual, but awoke at 1:15am (as usual too) and pressed play to continue. WOW!! If you have not seen this movie, it is well worth the rental (or even purchase price)! I found myself laughing and crying, and in a way saw my grandfather in Eastwood's character every now and then. This one gets 5 STARS from me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I TOLD you it would remind you of your Grandpa! He would have really loved Eastwood's portrayal!
Yes, it is a great movie. I think Jim watched it at our house when you were here in July. We've rented it three times, I think. Definitely one that we need to purchase.
Yes honey you are correct one of his best movies, Once again fantastic job on the header
( picture of the boys )
Post a Comment