Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Travel I Must

Monday was a big travel plans day for me. My friend Kara is celebrating her birthday in October with a Girls' Weekend in Avila and has invited me to join her! She booked the weekend yesterday and we are beginning to plan our "festival" of sorts. I'm sure it will include a trip to the salon for massages and pedicures, maybe some time on the beach (weather dependent of course), a night out in downtown SLO, and maybe even a visit to a few wineries. No matter what we do, it is sure to be a fun and fantastic weekend with just us girls!

Most of you probably remember my defunked trip to Nashville in June thanks to United Airlines. I haven't quite recovered from that one, especially since I ended up in the hole on money. Did any of you watch the replay of the CMA Festival on ABC last night? If you did then you know where this is going. Through tomorrow, tickets to the 2010 festival are half off using the code ABCTV. Thank goodness my best pal Brandie is always looking out for a deal and booked us tickets for the bargain price of $85 for four full days. How's that for a bargain? Words cannot express how excited I am that I get to do a "do-over" for half the price. There are tons of flights available with my airline miles so I am sure to experience no hiccups this time around.

....and to Kara and Brandie, my life would not be the same without you two wonderful ladies. God has certainly blessed me! I love you both.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Optimistically this turns out to be a much more enjoyable experience than last time!

uncle joseph said...

i hope you have fun!