Dominic had a "Grandparents Day" lunch at school two weeks ago and was so excited to invite Mickey Nana to attend with him. Unfortunately it was not in the cards as my mom had to work and was not able to get the day off. Instead, she planned a surprise visit last Friday, and let's just say my Dommy was speechless. She arrived at the daycare just before the lunch hour and waited in the lobby as our sitter, Kimrah, ushered Dominic through the double class doors from the playground. He had absolutely no clue what was going on and was absolutely stoked to find the surprise awaiting him. I can just see him yelling "NANA!" and running towards her.
My mom spent the entire afternoon with him, visiting Morro Bay for lunch, shopping, and a walk on the beach. I had to laugh when she shared that he inadvertently fell in the ocean and became soaked. Imagine Mr. Talkative in the backseat with wet undies and a sweatshirt. I'm sure that conversation was priceless. They also enjoyed some special cookies from a new bakery in Cayucos. (Thanks, boys, for eating them all so that Mommy didn't get to try them, although I certainly didn't need them). All in all it was a fun and memorable day for both parties.
Thanks, mom, for always being there for me and the boys. I don't know what I'd do without you. You are my strength when life gets rough, and you are certainly the best nana that my three boys could ever ask for. We love you more than words can say!




1 comment:
Thanks for those kind and beautiful words! Family means the world to me, and grandchildren are the icing and cherry on the cake! I still remember very special times with my grandparents many years ago, as I'm sure you girls also have special memories with your grandparents. So I want to pass along those special times with my grandchildren while I am able to. I love you all!
Post a Comment