To my delight, Dominic and Matthew (aka "the little boys") were out of school yesterday for a teacher in service day. It's much more peaceful around the house with only the two of them since Joshua and Dominic can be a handful - they are at that age where they both want to be right which makes for some heated conversations. I had a multitude of conference calls yesterday so we were limited in what we could do. Thank goodness I'm a multi-tasker. We enjoyed playing with the Little People for a while, watched Blues Clues, and explored the CD cabinet all before lunch! It was clear that they were both well past their naptime when they became so loud that they overtook the participants on my final conference call for the day. At 1:30, they crashed on my bed - Yay for all of us!
After a short nap, we played on the swing set for a while and then made a quick trip to the store for a few necessities. Both little boys were so good and listened well, and Dominic even held onto the stroller the entire time and didn't wander off. We returned home and baked Chicken Enchiladas to take out to Jim for dinner. He is working at Nacimiento Lake for a few days.
Joshua enjoyed his first day of Summer Camp at the YMCA. How do I know this? When I arrived to pick him up, I walked into the room and was overcome by the smell of Chlorine and Sunscreen; a sign that Joshua enjoyed a trip to the pool. On top of this, he was greeted by familiar faces when we arrived in the morning. Several of his old friends from Pre-School are enrolled in this years program. Hopefully this bundle of testosterone does not find themselves in time out for the next few months.
I'm looking forward to a long week so don't expect many new posts until Sunday. Operational Reviews for my team and the launch of the new iPhone 3G(S) - can you say CRAZY? Cheers to an exciting and stressful week!

2 comments:
That is such a precious photo!
Great picture - I remember those days!!! Can't wait for the new iPhone!! I'll be there @ 7!!
Post a Comment