Sunday, June 14, 2009

Free Makeover

For those of you who do not know, my husband is a very thrifty man. While driving down our street last Sunday, he saw a sign that read "FREE" on an over sized, wooden framed mirror. He didn't blink an eye as he sped down the street and backed into a neighbors driveway to load it up. I'm sure visions of grandeur were running through his mind, but at that moment all I could think was, "great, another item for our already cluttered garage!"

On Friday his vision was complete....and might I add to my overwhelming satisfaction. The mirror ended up being the perfect size for our Western themed bathroom. (Albeit the darn thing weighed about 75 pounds and took two of us to hang it on the wall.) It's like it was meant to be.

Before
forgive the Christmas decorations - it's the only photo I had



Out with the old...


.....in with the new (after a few coats of paint on the wall)



I am truly blessed with an artistic and creative husband. His handyman skills are second to none. Thanks, honey, for all you do around the house and yard. You make me proud!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

It absolutely looks like it was made for there - what a terrific score Jim!!

Vickie said...

Oh, yeah!! Good job, Jim!!

Pattie said...

Love it! I wish I could come across these cool finds. That mirror would sell for at least $100at the store.

Sally said...

Wow! That looks great! My hubby is a bit lacking in the handyman skills. =)

Judy V said...

That looks awesome!!!