Thursday, June 25, 2009

Got Sand?

In place of the gym on the days Jim is not home, I've decided to adopt a new activity....the park! What a terrific place to walk, for the boys to ride their bikes, and exhaust every ounce of energy before bedtime. We visited our favorite one, Barney Schwartz park, on Monday and Wednesday this week. On Monday, I loaded up Joshua's two wheeled bike convinced that this would be a great opportunity for him to learn to ride it. Needless to say I spent most of my walk time picking him up off the ground as the training wheels didn't quite hold up a 65 pounder. We really need to get him trained on the bike. He enjoyed himself either way, but my walk seemed to be defeated. Dominic enjoyed riding his Diego Big Wheel bike and only needed assistance with a push here and there to make it up the hills. Matthew, on the other hand, rode in style in his stroller since I opted to bathe him before we arrived at the park. He watched from afar as the big boys rolled down the grass hills and played on the toys. They sure did enjoy themselves, and I enjoyed the fresh air and relaxation.

Last night we took a repeat trip only I loaded Joshua's Harley Davidson Big Wheel bike instead. Might I add that Joshua has pretty much outgrown it and looked like Gigantor riding on it! As much as I'd love to say this created for less interuptions during my walk, that didn't quite happen. After two laps around the park I let all three boys loose in the playground. Matthew absolutely LOVED the slides, play structures, and especially the sand. I had to stop him from eating it on several occasions. We were joined by my friend Stephanie and the two of us enjoyed a brief visit before we had had enough of the cold wind. I'm optimistic about next weeks trips and look forward to some more fun with my favorite boys.


Matthew enjoys watching Josh and Dom from afar.



Hoodies, and Swings, and Slides....oh my!



Matthew loved this slide - he kept climbing up the structure to slide down it.



Power Rangers?



Don't you remember doing this when you were a kid? Climbing to the top of the biggest hill and rolling down on your side....grass stains and all!



Matthew absolutely loved the swings. He kept using his sign language to say "more"


1 comment:

Vickie said...

Oh, what fun for everyone!