After exiting the craft building we ran smack dab into the CHP exhibit. My heart still races when I see a black and white as they remind me of my grandfather. The boys quickly posed for a few pics which is always fun. Maybe one of these two handsome little guys will follow in papa's footsteps one day. Until then, I will just enjoy the excitement that comes when they see police cars or fire trucks.
Hey look mommy! It's the lizard from TV! I guess Geico has served it's purpose in appealing to ALL age groups with their advertising. The boys couldn't wait to get a picture with this green guy.
After touring a few more buildings, and picking up a very cute pair of squeaky sandals for Matthew, it was on to the rides. YAY! Although the boys enjoyed themselves, Jim, Matthew, and I sweated in the sweltering heat and couln't wait to get back into an air conditioned building. I'm telling you, next year we are doing the ride thing in the evening despite the lines.
We opted to save the $20 on a ride bracelet for Matthew and assign him to a spectator position for the afternoon. He didn't seem to mind. He enjoyed running around in the hay and being soaked by the water bottle. Here is a pic of he and Jim watching the boys on a ride. Can't you tell that this little guy absolutely LOVES his big brothers? Look at that smile!!
....and I just couldn't resist this one! Sweaty head, red cheeks, and a big, fat "OHH" to boot!
This is the ride that peaked Matthews interest. Joshua and Dominic have enjoyed this ride especially for the past few years. For one day, these two were best friends.
The ride operator was kind enough to let them ride this one two times before we finally pried them off of it. I'm sure when I was a kid I could go around in circles time, after time, after time, but just looking at them circling the track made me sick!
Of course they had to ride the dragon roller coaster too. The ride operators were so nice! They would pause the rides and let me on the platforms to take pictures of the boys. How nice is that?
We finally had to take a break from the heat and walked into the agriculture and children's art building where we found a barn full of new chicks. The boys were all mesmerized with them and stuck their little fingers through the holes in an attempt to pet them. I think all they got was pecked, but they didn't seem to care.
We even found a huge coloring poster for the boys to add to. All three got involved and Matthew scribbled with multiple colors. I even joined in the fun and helped Joshua color a baby chick.
We grabbed some Albertson's fried chicken and some fruit and plopped ourselves at the watering hole for a late lunch. The boys were filthy and opted to jump around in the fountain to clean their toes off. I'm not sure that this was permitted, but since no one said anything, what the heck?
......and who can leave the fair without some pig racing? They were so cute!
Although the boys fair visit concluded after a few hours, I returned in the evening for the Tim McGraw concert with my friend Stephanie. We had a blast, and enjoyed the much cooler weather. Tim put on a great show and even paused for a moment to throw a guy out! We both kept our fingers crossed that we would find a way to get back stage, but when Tim jumped in his bus and sped off within minutes of the show ending, our hopes were diminished. Oh well, we had fun either way.
The two of us returned on Monday night as well to attend the Lady Antebellum concert! Thanks, Tom, for the tickets to both events AND entry passes. I can now officially say I am all faired out!

4 comments:
any pictures to share from Tim McGraw?
Sorry, Pam. No pics of Timmy. We were too far back and any attempts to take pics of the jumbotron resulted in what appeared to be a flash of light. We tried though
Great photos and great fun. I must admit, I got choked up when I saw that picture of the boys and the "bye bye" car - Papa would be beaming at those little guys!
i also thoght i would see dad standing there with the boys!
Post a Comment