The girls rocking out - Mom, Trish Raye, and me
Sunday, July 26, 2009
REO Speedwagon Still Rocks the House
The Mid State Fair always promises fantastic entertainment and this year they did not let us down. Last night Jim, my mom, and I found ourselves front row at the REO Speedwagon and Styx concert. (Okay, so it wasn't the very front row, rather, the front row of the media section but it was still very close). How lucky I am to have Tom Keffury from KJUG (and one of the head honchos at the fair) on my speed dial. Not only did he hook us up with the great seats, he gave us an opportunity to visit the post-show party and meet the band - WOW!! Needless to say my mom was completely stoked and took photos with all the band members. I enjoyed rocking out to the old tunes and sang along to nearly every one. I must admit, however, that I couldn't recall most of the songs from Styx and Jim found that rather funny. I had to remind him that I am a product of the 70's which put me a bit after their time. Either way both bands sounded great and we all enjoyed this "blast from the past" experience.
Mom with lead guitarist Dave Amato
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It was definitely an awesome experience! My thanks to Tom, as well, for the special privilege!
I am SOOOOOO jealous!!! Love REO - but you seriously can't remember most of the STYX songs??? I'll have to burn you their greatest hits!! I've seen these 2 paired before @ the AV fair - awesome concert!!
how much fun did you guys have!!!
Post a Comment