Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Tribute fit for a King

I've been working in Santa Barbara for many years and never realized that Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch is a mere 4.2 miles off the road I take several times per month. One of my best friends, Deneene, is a HUGE MJ fan and has had a difficult time dealing with his death. Yesterday I thought I would do her a "favor" and memorialize in pictures MJ's favorite location.

The pictures don't do justice to the gorgeous red rose wreaths on the gates, nor the multitude of bushes that surrounded the area. Although many of the news vehicles had departed, there were still several of them cluttered around the road and probably around 30 other fans paying tribute to the pop star. I could not believe the number of balloons, flowers, posters, pictures, and other items that were posted all over (and I mean everywhere!) the entrance to this beautiful piece of property in Los Olivos. The house is set way back in the hills, but if it is half as magical as the entrance to this fantasyland is, all I can say is WOW!

I am glad I was able to partake in the remembrance of MJ and will forever be moved by this glowing tribute to a great performer.

Here's to you, Deneene..................





3 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm sorry that the world has lost such a talent - he definitely was unique and an icon in the entertainment industry. But I have to say - he was one very weird individual!

Deneene said...

Thanks, Pam. Me and my sisters grew up listening to the Jackson 5 and Michael. When I was around 11, our dog Chester died and so every day after school we'd listen to She's Out Of My Life and cry as a tribute to Chester. Michael's music has always been a reminder of my younger days. Just like looking at a picture and remembering a day in your life, I hear a MJ song and remember a time in my life - Beat It, Thriller, Off the Wall (South High Rebelettes performances), She's Out of My Life (Chester). Though he's gone, he left us with a lifetime of music that sounds as good today as it did 20 years ago and lyrics that really touch the heart.

uncle joseph said...

how nice the pictures are! we will miss him!!