Matthew weighed in at 26 pounds on the big boy scale and measured 30 1/4 inches tall. He was diagnosed with low Iron and prescribed vitamins to reverse this. Out of three boys and many trips to the doctor and dentist, we have never once been offered a fluoride treatment. Matthew was to be the first on Thursday. He was rather uncooperative with the process, but dealt with it. The good thing is that since he was so upset about the gel being painted on his teeth, the shot he received didn't seem to faze him. Mommy was happy to hear that he would not need anymore shots until his 2nd Birthday. Dominic, on the other hand, is scheduled for 2 next month and a final one when he turns 5. I'm pleased that he is cooperative and understands that "shots", although sometimes painful, are a necessary part of being a kid.
After our visit to Dr. Herzberg, we picked up Miss Cynthia and her son Daniel, and headed to Costco. $282 later we had a car full of goodies, including these cute jammies for the little boys! I just couldn't resist.....I love brown and blue together and the Monkey with the banana sealed the deal.
We also made one last stop at Gottschalks before they closed for good and found more great deals on shorts and shirts for Joshua and Dominic. I think I've spent around $120 and purchased 5 pairs of pants, 8 pairs of shorts (or more), 12+ shirts and a pair of shoes for the two of them. What a steal!
Because Dominic was not feeling well on Thursday, I felt it best to keep him home Friday as well. The best part for him was that Mickey Nana (my mom) was off work and agreed to watch him at her house since I needed to work in Bakersfield. They had a blast visiting the Lori Brock children's museum and enjoyed chicken stars at Carls Jr - Dominic's first meal in two days. He was so upset when I picked him up at 3:30 to come home. He was in tears which upset Mickey Nana too. How blessed I am to have such a terrific mom and grandma for my boys. Mom, you are truly a vital part of all of our lives and my boys think the world of you! Thanks for all you do for us!

1 comment:
It was my pleasure, as always, to spend time with family. It was great having "one-on-one" time with Dominic and I'm not sure who enjoyed the day more! It was a very special treat!
Post a Comment